Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Dual Installation Filler Strip
- Is a filler strip required to install two Classic (BI) units against one another?
- Can two side-by-side BI units be installed together?
- Can two units with the same door swing be installed next to one another?
- Can the hinge side of one unit be installed next to the handle of another in a dual installation?
Two Classic series (BI) units, single door or over-under, with opposite door swings can be installed next to one another without a filler strip.
Two Classic units in any of the following combinations require a minimum 2" filler strip between them:
- Two single door BI Series units with the same door swing
- Two individual side-by-side units
- Two individual French door units
- A side-by-side unit next to a single door unit
- A French door unit next to a single door unit
The filler strip is required to prevent condensation between the units and it runs the height of the unit.
- Each unit requires its own opening.
- The minimum 2" filler is the space between the two openings.
- Failure to use a filler strip will result in the door being unable to fully open and likely cause damage to both units.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820