Sub-Zero Classic Series (BI) Install New Style Dispenser on Existing Dispenser Model
- Can the new external dispenser be installed on existing dispenser models?
- Replace current dispenser with new Classic (BI) dispenser
- How to replace the existing BI dispenser with the new dispenser
Stainless Steel Models
To replace an existing Classic (BI) dispenser with the new style external dispenser, the entire door must be replaced on stainless steel models.
- The BI-42SD/S door is part number 7040865. The BI-48SD/S door is part number 7040867.
- It is not possible just to replace the dispenser. The entire door must be replaced. The new door comes with the dispenser.
- The new dispenser works on all Classic external dispenser models and versions but the footprint of the new dispenser is different.
- Service is required to replace the door assemblies.
- Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Custom Panel Models
- For models with custom panels, it is not recommended to replace the old dispenser with the new style.
- The footprint of the dispenser changed, and the appearance of the panel around the dispenser may not look like the rest of the custom panel. It is likely that the panel would have to be remade.
- The new door for the BI-42SD/O is part number 7040866. The new door for the BI-48SD/O is 7040868.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820