Sub-Zero Classic (BI) vs. PRO 48 and PRO 36 Series Refrigeration Comparison
- What is the difference between a Classic (BI) unit and a PRO4850 and PRO3650?
- Selling point differences between Classic and PRO models
- Selling features of Classic vs PRO models
- PRO 48 and PRO 36 versus Classic differences
The key differences between the PRO Refrigeration (PRO4850 and PRO3650) and the Classic lines are as follows:
- PRO Refrigeration models have a more "industrial" look of a commercial kitchen than Classic models.
- With PRO models, the presence of the refrigerator in the kitchen is more apparent.
- If a freestanding unit is needed or the sides of the refrigerator will be partially exposed, Sub-Zero recommends the PRO line.
- The Classic line expands on the traditional look that Sub-Zero has had for decades.
Feature and measurement differences:
|Available Widths||30”, 36”, 42”, 48”||36", 48"|
|Unit Orientation||Over/under: One freezer drawer.|
Side by side: One door each side.
|PRO4850: Two doors, four drawers.|
PRO3650 units: One door, two drawers.
|Control Panel||Illuminated touch control.||Interactive touch screen control.|
|Compressor or Grille Location||Top of unit.|
Flip up for easy access.
|Top of unit.|
Flip up for easy access.
|Toe Kick||4” toe kick.||4" toe kick.|
|Rough Opening Depth||24” for Standard.|
26 3/16” for Flush Inset.
|25” for Standard. Flush inset is not possible for PRO models.|
|Reveal||Standard has no reveal.|
Flush inset has a ½” reveal.
|Side Panels||Stainless steel or custom option. Attachment instructions available.||Stainless steel available as a sales accessory.|
|External Dispenser||Available on SD model.||Not available.|
|Matching Wine Storage Unit||WS-30, BW-30||None.|
|Same Side Hinge for Dual Installation||Minimum 2" filler recommended.||Dual installation kit is available as a sales accessory|
|Standard Installation||Can be installed standard.||Standard install only.|
|Water Filter||All BI Series||All units|
|36" All Freezer Model?||BI-36F||None.|
|Glass Door Model?||BI-30UG, BI-36RG, BI-36RG||PRO4850G, PRO3650G|
|Drawer Model?||Not available.||Not available.|
|Wrap-Around Stainless Steel Doors||All /S models|
(Unit comes from factory with stainless steel doors.)
|All units. No custom panel option is available for PRO.|
|French Door Model?||BI-36UFD, BI-42UFD||Not available.|
|Spill-Proof Shelves||Framed glass contains small spills.||Framed glass contains small spills.|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820