Dairy Compartment Shelf Door Gasket
- Dairy compartment does not stay closed
- Door gasket came off the dairy compartment shelf
- How to install a dairy compartment gasket
- Why does the dairy door gasket pull loose when opening the dairy compartment?
If the door gasket of the dairy shelf compartment repeatedly comes loose:
- Verify gasket is seated properly and in the correct orientation if recently removed for cleaning.
- Remove dairy compartment shelf from the refrigerator door.
- Let the shelf warm to room temperature.
- Apply a thin bead of general-purpose, food-grade silicone to door where gasket will be seated.
- General-purpose, food-grade silicone is available locally at hardware or home improvement stores.
- Insert gasket firmly into the gasket retainer channel.
If the dairy compartment door gasket is torn, a new gasket or a new dairy compartment shelf assembly is needed depending on model.
The gasket is magnetic and is not intended for holding heavier items, like jelly jars.
- The Designer series door gasket is not magnetic, and not intended for holding heavier items, like jelly jars.
See also, Dairy Compartment Shelf Assembly
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820