Sub-Zero Dispenser Ice Delay
- How to set a Classic Series (BI) dispenser to delay mode
- How to slow the ice cubes from falling so hard or breaking glasses in dispenser models
- Do BI internal dispenser models have a delayed dispensing feature?
- Ice cubes fall all over when using dispenser
- How to set unit to delay dispense mode
Classic series, 685, and 695 Sub-Zero models can be put in Delay Dispenser Mode. In this mode:
- Ice cubes dispense in batches and fall with less force.
- Multiple keystrokes are used to release a small batch of ice from the ice maker into the dispenser chute, then to open the chute to dispense ice.
Sub-Zero recommends that a Factory Certified Service technician completes this change. However, it is possible for customers to change the mode without service.
To enter or exit Delay Mode:
- Open refrigerator door and turn the unit off.
- Turn the unit back on and close the door.
- Lock the dispenser, either by using the Lock key on newer Classic units or by holding the Light key for 5 seconds on other units.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Classic Series Dispenser Lock Operation for more information.
- Hold the Ice key down and press the Light key five times within 10 seconds.
- The Lock light should blink once, and the dispenser cup will flip open and closed to signal that Delay Mode has been changed.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820