Designer Series (IT, IC, IW) Door Soft Close Feature
- Door closes at 90° on new Designer (IT, IC, IW) model
- Door stays open at 90° on new Designer model
- Designer door and drawer soft close feature
Designer doors have a soft close system where the door will close on its own when partially open and stay open when fully open.
- This feature, also found on high-end cabinetry, gives Designer Refrigeration a rich, sturdy feel and noiseless operation.
- The soft close allows the seal to be made slowly, allowing the door to be reopened immediately without the vacuum seal preventing door operation.
- Soft close doors require a few seconds after closing for the vacuum seal to be created.
The Designer door hinging system has three separate zones:
- 0° - 60° open - The door will always self-close.
- 60° - 90° open - The door may or may not self-close. Depending on panel and food weight, it could self-close.
- 90° - 105° open - The door will stay open.
The hinge operation will improve with the number of door openings and closings.
- Approximately 3 months of operations will greatly improve the hinge operation.
- The freezer drawers do not have a soft-close feature.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820