Designer Series Corner Installation
- How far must a Designer (formerly Integrated) or 700 Series product be installed away from a wall in a corner application?
- How to install a Wine Storage model IW, 427, or 427R in a corner installation
- Minimum filler recommended for a corner installation
- Corner application considerations
Designer Series IT and IC units, 700 Series, and Wine Storage models IW, 427, or 427R require a filler in a corner application only if the corner wall protrudes as far as the door handle will sit when the door is open.
- The amount of filler needed will vary based on how far out the handle protrudes.
- To cover most installations, use a 3" filler as a guideline.
- If the handle will not interfere with the wall, the unit can be installed in a corner without a filler on the hinge side.
- In this type of installation, using the built-in 90° door stop will prevent the door from opening too far into the wall.
- Installing a unit in a corner without using the 90° door stop is not recommended.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820