Red Glow in Freezer
- Freezer interior glowing red
- Back wall of freezer emitting a red glow
- Why is there a red glow in the freezer?
- Sizzling noise during defrost
Freezers go through normal defrost cycles and moisture on or near a defrost heater can cause a sizzling or crackling noise.
- If noise is accompanied by glowing red inside the unit, discontinue use.
- Turn power off at the circuit breaker.
- No troubleshooting is available.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820