Refrigerant or Freon Color and Odor
- Is Freon or refrigerant green, red, or blue?
- Does Freon or refrigerant have an odor?
- Is a sealed system leak harmful?
- Are there any health risks associated with Sub-Zero refrigerant?
- Refrigerant odor in a Sub-Zero
Refrigerant and Freon are gases that are both colorless and odorless.
- Refrigerant leaks cause damage to the ozone layer. Correct temperature issues at the first signs of a problem.
- Leaking refrigerant is not harmful to humans.
- If a color is present, it is from dye put into the system to detect leaks.
- Sub-Zero does not recommend using dye in any refrigeration, freezer, or wine storage unit to detect a sealed system leak.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820