Refrigerant Type Used in Sub-Zero Products
- What type of refrigerant is used?
- What kind of freon is used in Sub-Zero products?
- Is R134a used in 500, 600, 700, Designer (formerly Integrated), UC, and BI models?
- Is R600a used in PRO models?
- What kind of refrigerant is used in 500, 600, 700, Designer, UC, and BI models?
- Before 1994, Sub-Zero models were manufactured with R-12 refrigerant.
- Starting in 1994, products use R-134a refrigerant, except for the newer PRO series models.
- PRO 36 and PRO 48 models use R600a refrigerant.
- 648PRO models use R-134a refrigerant.
- All new refrigeration products introduced to the market after January 2021 will use R600a Hydrocarbon Refrigerant.
- To determine when a model was manufactured, refer to Sub-Zero Model Number Timeline.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820