Refrigerator Door Hinge Cam Replacement
- Remove or replace the upper door hinge cam on models 650, 611, 550, 511
- Upper hinge cam replacement on over under doors for 500 and 600 Series
The replacement of the upper door hinge cam is a two-person job.
- This is for the upper door of an over-and-under 500 or 600 Series unit.
- The cam itself is in the bottom hinge of the door.
- Refer to 500 or 600 Series Lower Door Hinge Cam Replacement for a list of units that use lower hinge cams.
To replace a door hinge cam, the door has to be removed from the unit.
- Empty the door of its contents and remove the door shelves.
- Mark the outline of the upper hinge on the upper edge of the door. This is so that when the door is put back on, door adjustment will be close to what it was before.
- Support the bottom of the door with a saw horse/ladder or other device from the bottom.
- Remove all of the screws holding the upper hinge to the door. Hold the door while doing this so it does not fall.
- Separate the door from the hinge and then carefully lift the door off of the lower hinge.
- Set the door down on a protective surface.
- With a Phillips screwdriver, replace the door cam on the door and hinge cam on the lower cabinet hinge.
- Reverse the process to install the door.
Genuine Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove parts are available by calling the Factory Certified Parts Distributor in your area. Only filters and cleaners are available for online purchase in the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove Store. Other parts are not available for purchase online. Use Locator to find the Parts Distributor for your area.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820