Sub-Zero Control Shows Double Dashes
- Why are there double dashes (--) on the control panel display of a Sub-Zero?
- Should the unit be turned off to clean the interior?
- How to turn a compartment back on after disabling
- Compartment disabled
Classic (BI), 600 Series, and 700 Series (with Unit On/Off Button)
Double dashes (--) shown on the Sub-Zero control panel indicate that the affected zone has been disabled. This is recommended when cleaning a unit.
- To disable a zone:
- Touch Power to turn off the unit.
- Press and hold the Warmer key of the section to be disabled. While holding the Warmer key, press the Power key. Then, release both keys.
- Double dashes appear in the control panel display.
- To turn a zone back on, repeat the above process. The dashes disappear when the zone is on.
- If the unit does not respond using the control panel:
- Power the unit off at the circuit breaker.
- Turn the circuit breaker back on and turn the unit back on to see if normal operation returns.
- See also, Classic Series Control Panel Non-Responsive.
648PRO Professional Refrigeration
- Refer to 648PRO Manual Zone Disable for instructions.
700 Series Models with Zone Button on Control Panel
- Attempting to set temperatures warmer than control limits causes a shutdown mode.
- In shutdown mode, -- appears and all unit functions are suspended except lights and door alarm.
- To take the unit out of shutdown mode, press the Colder key.
Refer to the product Use and Care Guide for further information.
If the unit will not turn back on after following these steps, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact the Wolf Gourmet Customer Care Team at [email protected], or call (800) 222-7820, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. CST.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820