Sub-Zero Door Opening Force
- What is the door opening force limit for Sub-Zero?
- Why is the door opening force limited?
- How should door opening force be measured?
- Should door opening force be measured on a cold or warm unit?
- Door very hard to open
- Door pull
The Federal Child Entrapment Law, along with Sub-Zero manufacturing specifications, restricts a maximum door opening force to 15 lb of pressure.
- Refer to Sub-Zero Door Difficult to Open for troubleshooting suggestions.
- Testing door opening force should be conducted on a warm unit.
- Testing the door on a cold unit may increase the measured force by approximately 2-3 lb.
- If the door force is greater than this, the drain tube may be frozen or blocked. This can cause the opening force to be much greater than maximum allowances.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820