Wine Storage Makes Clicking or Grinding Noise
- Wine Storage makes clicking noise
- Why is there a clicking noise when the Wine Storage unit begins cooling?
- Designer (formerly Integrated) Wine Storage unit makes a grinding sound
- Clicking sound coming from Wine Storage unit
- Verify unit is installed in an opening (reduces noise).
- Verify unit is not on stone, tile, or wood floor that may increase noise.
- Verify room is not a study or very quiet place where noise is very noticeable.
- Adding insulation to the sides of the unit may reduce the audible noise slightly.
Wine Storage units have a solenoid valve that clicks when it switches from cooling one section to the other (upper to lower or lower to upper).
- This noise is normal operation.
- The valve for a Designer (formerly Integrated) Wine Storage unit (IW) makes more of a grinding noise than a clicking sound.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820