Designer Series (IT, IC, ID, IW) Home Icon Shown
- What does the icon that looks like a home with a power cord coming out of it represent on a Designer (formerly Integrated) unit?
- Unit not connected to smart grid system, but home with electrical cord icon is shown
- House icon appears after connecting Designer unit to Sub-Zero Group Owner's App
The home and power cord icon indicates a Sub-Zero Designer unit's smart grid option is enabled for connection. Connection can be done using the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App or third-party smart home system (such as Crestron).
- The icon changed to a standard Wi-Fi icon on Designer Refrigeration and Designer Wine Storage units.
- This change occurred with a software change. Units produced before the software change will still show the home and power cord icon.
- If service is done on a control board, the icon will change to the standard Wi-Fi icon.
- The smart grid icon does not indicate that the unit is connected to the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App or a third-party smart home system; it simply means that the smart grid option is enabled.
- Having the smart grid option enabled without using the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App or a smart home system does not negatively affect unit performance on operating costs.
- If the customer does not want to see the smart grid icon, simply disable the smart grid option.
- If the customer selects to use the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App or a smart home system in the future, the smart grid option will have to be enabled again.
- The smart home system must be enabled before pairing the unit to the Sub-Zero Group Owner's App.
- The Home icon will always appear in the display after the smart home system is enabled.
To enable or disable the smart grid on a Designer series unit:
- Press the arrow on the left side of the home screen to access the options menu.
- Press the gear icon.
- Select the home and power cord icon.
- "Smart Grid Enable" appears on the display.
- Touch Enable to turn the smart home system on.
- The display will change to "Smart Grid Disable."
- After a moment, the display will return to the home screen. The home and power cord icon will appear at the bottom of the home screen.
- Repeat above steps and touch Disable to turn the smart home system off.
- If the home icon does not disappear after disabling, reset the unit's power at the circuit breaker for 30 seconds. Once power is restored, confirm the home icon disappears.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820