UC-15I Air Gap
- Why does the UC-15IP and UC-15IPO require an air gap?
- What is the purpose of an air gap?
- Does the air gap device come with the UC-15IP and UC-15IPO?
- Undercounter Ice Maker air gap
UC-15IP and UC-15IPO (drain pump) models will likely require an air gap between the unit and the drain receptacle.
- An air gap provides back-flow contamination prevention.
- Sub-Zero does not offer or recommend a specific air gap device.
- Air gap devices can be purchased locally from most hardware, plumbing, or home improvement stores.
- Generally speaking, the plumber installing the unit's water supply and drain lines will have an air gap device available.
- Municipality requirements may be more restrictive than Sub-Zero's recommendations; refer to local code for specific information.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820