UC-15I Drain Pump Considerations
- What should be considered when selecting a UC-15I(P)?
- Does the drain pump turn on when the unit is powered off?
- What is the drain line fitting on the pump model?
- Maximum drain hose length for pump models
Drain Pump Considerations
- Drain pump models have a maximum rise of 12' (4 m) and a maximum run of 100' (31 m).
- Drain pump models likely require an air gap device to prevent backflow of drain water into the unit between the unit and the drain receptacle. Refer to local code for specific information.
- The drain pump discharge line must terminate at an open site drain.
- The drain pump is sealed.
- With the power off, drain pump has a sensor based off water pressure that turns the pump on, pumps water out and turns the pump off (as long as the home power supply is on).
- Drain pumps make additional noise and run more with heavier use.
- To use a pump model as a gravity drain unit, remove the pump, refer to UC-15I Ice Maker Drain Pump Addition or Removal.
- The pump model has a barbed fitting for the drain line to push on to. A clamp (not included) may be added if desired.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820