BBQ Grill Product Changes
- What igniter is needed for replacement on a BBQ grill?
- When did the BBQ grill igniter change to battery operated ignition?
- What changes occured when the BBQ grill changed to a -2 model revision?
Changes to the BBQ product when it was revised to a -2 version started at serial # 11124755 and included:
- Revised control panel with new graphics.
- New push button battery powered igniters that replace the rotary igniters. AAA battery for the igniter can be changed from the front of the unit by rotating the knob off. Igniters have a foil back insulation to preserve battery life. Upgraded ceramic igniters and the high temperature igniter wires will increase the robustness of the ignition.
- The battery igniter has a soft, black push button for ignition
- Old product has a rotary style igniter that is pushed and turned to ignite
- Louvers were added to the radiants to increase the grilling surface temper and helps keep the control panel cooler. (Louvers will retro-fit existing models)
- Thermal break added between the burner box and the control panel also helps keep the control panel cooler
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820