CG Gas Cooktop Gas Conversion Kits
- Can the new Gas Cooktop be converted from natural gas (NG) to liquid propane (LP) or from LP to NG?
- Does the Btu output change when a CG Gas Cooktop is converted from NG or LP to the other gas type?
- Part number 826005 and 826006, instruction sheet part number 826009 (LP) or 826010 (NG)
- High altitude information for conversion of CG30 and CG36 models
- Part number 824490 high altitude kit, instruction sheet part number 824989
- Is a 100 lb LP tank sufficient?
When possible, purchase products built for the gas type they are connected to. Gas conversion kits for cooktops vary by gas type and altitude.
- High altitude conversion is not needed under 9,900' above sea level.
- There is no difference between natural gas (NG) or liquid propane (LP) configured burners.
- Converting from NG to LP or LP to NG does not change burner Btu rating.
- A unit that has been converted can be changed back to the original gas type if needed.
- It may be necessary to remove the contemporary cooktop from the opening for the conversion.
- Kits may be used for the 15" CG152TF/S modules or the 24" CG243TF/S models if needed. There is no kit specific to that model. Extra parts may be discarded.
- The size of the tank does not matter as long as it can deliver the gas pressure required in the specifications. A larger tank provides a longer lasting gas supply.
|Conversion To||Kit Part #||Models||Instructions|
|Liquid Propane Gas||826005|| |
|CG Gas Cooktop LP Conversion Instructions|
|Natural Gas||826006|| |
|CG Gas Cooktop Natural Gas Conversion Instructions|
|High Altitude Natural Gas||824490|| |
|CG Gas Cooktop High Altitude Conversion Instructions|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820