CE Electric, CI Induction Cooktop, and Legacy IR Induction Range Power Level Indicator
- Power level settings for CE Electric and CI Induction Cooktops
- How many dots on cooktop indicate high heat?
- How to read the power level indicator on the IR Induction Range
The element power level indicator on a CE Series, CI Series cooktop, or IR Induction Range illuminates above the corresponding control, indicating the level of heat.
- The lowest heat is represented by the small flame icon.
- Varying levels of heat are indicated by additional dots.
- The highest heat setting is indicated by all dots illuminated including the large flame icon.
- See also, Power Cycling on Induction Cooktop.
|Melt||1 (small flame) indicator||Melting butter, holding chocolate and sauces.|
|Simmer||2 - 6 indicators||Simmering sauces and steaming rice.|
|Medium||6 - 7 indicators||Making French toast and pancakes, heating milk, cream sauces, soups and gravies.|
|Medium High||7 - 8 indicators||Sauteing, browning, and frying.|
|High||8 - 10 (large flame) indicators||Boiling water, searing meat and canning.|
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820