Child Safety Knob Covers
- Does Wolf sell child safety knob covers?
- Does Wolf have a recommendation for safety knob covers for cooking products?
- Childproof lock for burners
Wolf cooking products are industry compliant for U.L. and CSA standards, in that there is a two-step action required to turn on a burner or oven. This two-step process, meaning the knobs must first be depressed before they can be turned for the gas to start, is a regulatory requirement.
- We do not offer any child safety accessories and do not recommend their use.
- The knobs on your Wolf product are removable.
- Removing knobs between use should prevent the burners from being turned on by children or household pets.
If an after market accessory is purchased, please be aware Wolf units obtain necessary air for gas combustion from an area under the knobs.
- Blocking this area could pose both a safety and performance issue.
- If knob covers are in place when the unit is NOT in use, they must all be removed before turning on any surface burner, oven or broiler.
Refer to the product Installation Guide for further information.
See also, Child Safety Oven Door Lock.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820