Replace CT Cooktop Ventilation with V Series Cooktop Hood
- What Cooktop Hood replaces a CTWH, CTEWH, IH4227?
- Are the VW and VI models direct replacements for earlier Cooktop Ventilation Systems?
- Installation differences between the old and new Cooktop Ventilation Hoods
- What changes have to be made when replacing CTWH, CTEWH, IH4227 with VW30, VW36, VW45, VI42, VI45?
- What are the differences in opening depth, width and height of old and new cooktop hoods?
The new V Series Cooktop Ventilation wall hoods now include four lights on the underside, compared to two with the earlier model cooktop ventilation wall hoods. Additional changes to the hoods include:
- The exception is the CTEIH42I, which had four lights.
- New LED bulbs, compared to old halogen.
- Stainless style hood controls are optical touch controls, compared to old style buttons.
Refer to the following chart for compatible replacement Cooktop Hood Ventilation models.
Old CT Series Cooktop Hood
|Current V Series Cooktop Hood|
|Chimney Width and Depth||Maximum Height (from bottom of hood)||Bottom Edge of Hood to Countertop||Blower Differences|
|Wall Hood|| || || || |
|Island Hood|| || || |
Electrical Supply remains the same: 120 VAC, 60 Hz, 15 amp circuit.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820