Dimmer Switches and Solar Panels Near Induction Cooktops
- Will dimmer switches in the kitchen or solar panels on the home interfere with an Induction Cooktop?
- Lutron dimmer systems use with induction cooktops.
- Should an electrician be contacted if there is an issue with voltage and frequency change when a dimmer switch in the kitchen is in use while the Wolf Induction Cooktop is also in use?
- Induction cooktop noise
Answer:If circuits are wired properly, use of solar panels and dimmer switches should not interfere with an induction cooktop.
- If during review of the product installation use of solar panels are discussed and the issue goes away at night, Wolf would suggest the electrician/contractor be called to check the frequency, voltage, phase and wiring.
- Dimmer switches present a similar issue.
- If the wiring for each are reported on separate circuits, but somehow the voltage and frequency are being changed when the dimmer switch is activated, an electrician should be contacted as well.
- See also, Induction Cooktop Noise.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820