Gas Oven Burner Operation
- How long does it take (seconds) for a gas oven burner to ignite?
- Should the oven burner light within a certain amount of time?
- Gas oven burner operation
Gas oven burners ignite in approximately 30 to 45 seconds. The infrared broil burner will light within 45 seconds.
- If it takes much longer than this to ignite, the burner may be experiencing delayed ignition, refer to Gas Oven Delayed Ignition for more information.
- If a gas oven or broil burner is not igniting or if a gas odor is present without ignition, discontinue use until repaired.
- The gas oven burner will reignite during use as the temperature cycles down.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820