Wolf Gas Oven Reignition After Power Outage
- If an all gas range oven is in use and the power goes out, should the oven be turned off and then back on?
- Is it okay to leave the oven on and use the oven during a power outage?
If an oven on a Wolf Gas Range is left on during a brief power outage, the ignitor senses gas flow and ignites the burner once power is restored.
- If the oven does not reignite, turn the oven knob to off, and then back on to reignite.
- For safety purposes, it is recommended that the oven be turned off during a power outage, regardless of length.
- This ignitor requires electricity to start, and therefore there is no way to manually light the oven.
- Wolf only recommends lighting gas surface burners when without power.
- Do not attempt to light gas ovens without power. Refer to Lighting Gas Burners Without Power for more information.
- There is no safe way to use a gas oven without power.
- See also:
If there are issues with gas oven reignition after a power outage, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820