Gas Range Popping or Banging Noise
- Why is there a popping or banging noise during the oven preheat or cooldown?
- Is it normal for the oven to pop or bang?
- Why does the oven make a thumping noise?
- Can anything be done to stop the metal expansion noise when the unit does not have a self-clean mode?
- A popping or banging noise is normal with new oven cavity expansion and contraction.
- Run the unit for three hours on Bake mode at 500°F to help reduce noise.
- Some noise may still be noticeable.
- For surface burners, refer to Gas Surface Burner Clicking.
If the popping gets worse or does not dissipate over time, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820