Inline Blower Box Rotation
- Can an inline blower be installed on its side or upside down?
- Why can't an inline blower be placed on it's side or upside down?
- Would placing an inline blower on it side or upside down cause damage to the blower?
An inline blower cannot be installed on its side, upside down, or vertically (inlet on the bottom). The inline blower must be installed with the inlet on the side, the access panel on the bottom, and the discharge on the side opposite the inlet, or on the top.
- The motor mounts inside the housing are only designed to support the motor when the access panel is on the bottom.
- The motor bearing were not designed to operate at different angles.
- An inline blower box (housing) cannot be rotated or flipped.
- The inline blower discharge can be configured for straight through air flow or vertical discharge.
- When the access panel is on the bottom, the discharge side of Inline blower is higher on the blower housing.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820