Install Inline or Remote Blower Direct to Hood Discharge
- Can an inline blower be connected directly to a horizontal discharge kit?
- Can a remote blower be connected directly to a horizontal discharge kit?
- Are there any concerns with connecting a horizontal discharge kit directly to an inline or remote blower?
- Can an inline or remote blower install directly to a hood with vertical discharge?
Although it is possible to connect an inline or remote blower directly to a horizontal discharge kit or vertical discharge from a hood without any ductwork running in between the hood and the blower motor, it is highly discouraged.
- Wolf recommends a minimum 16" separate between the horizontal discharge kit or top discharge if vertical and an inline or remote blower.
- Excessive noise and vibration may result from connecting an inline or remote blower directly to a hood discharge without ductwork between them.
- An internal blower would be the best ventilation option when using a vertical or horizontal discharge with a short duct run.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820