Replace Electric or Induction Cooktop with Gas Cooktop
- Replace an Induction Cooktop with a Gas Cooktop
- Installation considerations when replacing an Electric Cooktop with a Gas Cooktop
- Will a Gas Cooktop fit in the same opening as an Electric or Induction Cooktop?
Depending on the installation and size of the Electric or Induction Cooktop, the same rough opening may be the same or similar to allow for the installation of a Gas Cooktop.
- Unframed or Contemporary Electric or Induction Cooktops that are installed flush may require a new opening to accommodate the new Gas Cooktop.
- The Gas Cooktop is taller than an Electric or Induction Cooktop. Installation may not be possible if an oven or other appliance is installed below the cooktop.
- A gas line needs to be run to the opening.
- Gas Cooktops come with a power cord, it may be necessary to install an outlet if the Electric or Induction Cooktop was hardwired.
- Electrical supply is not the same. Changes may be necessary.
- Verify installation specifications and dimensions.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820