RTV Silicone for Cooktop Installations
- What type of silicone is provided with cooktops for installation?
- Can the RTV provided with cooktops be purchased locally?
- What color is the RTV included with cooktops?
- How to remove excess silicone that gets on glass top
- Black Room Temperature Vulcanizing (RTV) silicone, part number 811358, is provided to fill the gap on unframed cooktop installations
- RTV can be purchased locally at a hardware store, make sure it is heat resistant high temp RTV
- RTV Silicone may be available locally in clear or other colors if black is not practical
- Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts
- To remove excess silicone from a glass top, use denatured alcohol, cooktop cleaning cream, a razor blade or Goo Gone
- RTV Silicone is not used on Rangetops. It is only used for installing Cooktops
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820