Ventilation Ducting Approvals
- Who approves how ductwork is installed?
- Does Wolf specify ducting diameters for each ventilation system?
- Does the HVAC company decide where the ducting is travels and how it exits the home?
- Who approves the airflow quality of a Wolf Ventilation system?
- Does Wolf calculate static pressure drops for their ventilation systems?
Wolf prefers an HVAC contractor approve the airflow characteristics of any ventilation and ductwork system. Ductwork should be installed according to the recommendations of an HVAC expert. These resources supplement, and do not replace, the advice of an HVAC expert.
- This includes approval of what direction duct runs and any variables related to installation that are not called out in Wolf specifications.
- Wolf states how products should be installed; variance from Wolf recommendations must be validated by an HVAC specialist as well as verification of airflow and speeds to insure proper ventilation.
- Static pressure should be calculated by the HVAC representative.
- Municipality requirements may be more restrictive than Wolf's recommendations; refer to local code for specific information.
For further ventilation information, refer to:
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820