Ventilation Hood Turns Itself On or Off
- Ventilation Hood is turning on or off on its own
- Why is the hood turning itself on or off?
- Overhead blower motor turns on by itself
- Hood fan shut down
Follow the appropriate instructions based on your hood type.
Cooktop ventilation hoods have a heat sentry that turns the blower on when heat is sensed from the cooking product. This is normal operation. The blower turns off when heat reaches a low enough temperature. Refer to the product use and care guide for further information.
If the heat sensor is not working as expected, or never turns on or off, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Pro Ventilation Hoods including Pro Hood Liners (PL), Pro Wall Hoods (PW), Pro Chimney Wall Hoods (PWC), Pro Island Hoods (PI) models do not have heat sensors. If the ventilation hood turns on or off by itself:
- Turn the home circuit breaker to the unit off for 30 seconds and back on again.
- Turn the unit on again and see if it operates as expected.
- If these troubleshooting steps do not resolve the issue, service is necessary to expertly diagnose and repair the product. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
Downdrafts do not have a heat sensor but they do have a delay feature
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820