Wolf Hoods Type
- Are Wolf hoods Type 1 or Type 2 for classification standards?
- What does Type I or Type II hood classification standards mean?
- What is a Type I or Type II hood?
Wolf hoods are not certified to Type I or Type II for the commercial standard.
- Wolf hoods are certified residential.
- Type I and Type II are commercial standards.
- In the building code, the installer has the option to prove it meets the type I or type II requirements.
- The installer is responsible for proving the hood meets the requirements that are set by local code.
- Wolf does not have information on what the requirements are, and requirements may be different depending on local code.
- Type I Hoods are a kitchen exhaust hood, either canopy or non-canopy, designed for collecting and removing grease-laden vapors and smoke.
- Type II Hoods are a general kitchen hood for collecting and removing steam, vapor, excess heat, or odors, but not grease-laden vapor or smoke.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820