Wolf Induction Cooktop and Induction Range Smart Generator Considerations
- Can a Wolf Induction Cooktop (CI) or Induction Range (IR) be used with a Smart Generator?
- Will a SMART Generator cause a CI or IR to malfunction?
- Smart Generator technology causing error codes to appear on a CI or IR
Smart Generators use a load management system that will prioritize the home needs, and draw power from sources that are not essential.
- When an appropriately sized SMART Generator is used, taking into consideration the electrical load of the home, the Induction Cooktop (CI) and Induction Range (IR) will work normally.
- If an undersized SMART Generator is used, the resulting amperage drop may cause performance issues.
- The cooktop and range will not be affected by a reasonable voltage or amperage drop, but error codes may appear if the drop is significant.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820