Wolf Overhead Side Cabinet Depth Specification
- What is the maximum depth an overhead side cabinet can protrude from the wall when installed next to Wolf Gas Range, Rangetop, Dual Fuel, Gas Cooktop, Electric Cooktop, Induction Range, or Induction Cooktop?
- How many inches can the overhead side cabinetry extend from the wall next to a Wolf Gas Range, Rangetop, Dual Fuel, Gas Cooktop, Electric Cooktop, Induction Range, or Induction Cooktop?
All Wolf ranges, rangetops, and cooktops call for a 13” maximum side, overhead cabinet depth for a combustible cabinet.
- This also applies to installations in an island.
- Deeper cabinetry covered with a non-combustible material may have a problem passing inspection.
- The Wolf installation instructions match the test criteria called out in either UL 858 or ANSI Z21.1 of a maximum 13” depth cabinet.
- As long as the local inspector accepts a non-combustible covering on the cabinets, that is up to the inspector and the customer.
- Always get a sign-off from the local inspector before committing to the deeper cabinets.
- For guaranteed approval, always use Wolf suggested design and planning specifications.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820