Defrost Food in a Convection Steam Oven (Knob Control)
- Can the Convection Steam Oven (CSO) defrost food?
- What mode should be used to defrost meat in a CSO prior to serial number 13543126?
- How to defrost food with the CSO with a knob control
Using a low steam temperature of 85°F, the Steam Mode provides the ideal way to defrost foods quickly, easily, and with better results than a microwave.
- Use the Convection Steam Oven to defrost any food you would defrost in a microwave.
Both wire racks may be used, and the solid pan should be used to catch any drips from the foods as they defrost.
- Place the frozen foods on the wire racks set on position 2 and 3.
- Place the solid steam oven pan on rack position 1.
- Turn the oven to Steam Mode at 85°F.
- Check foods after 15 minutes. Continue defrosting if necessary.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820