Wolf Legacy E Series Oven Proof Mode
- Do all E Series Ovens have Proof Mode?
- What elements are used to heat the oven in Proof Mode?
- How close can the pan be to the wall of the oven?
- Preheat the oven when using Proof
E Series Ovens use a combination of broil and bake elements to heat the air to maintain temperature in Proof Mode. This mode is ideal for proofing, or rising, bread dough.
- No need to preheat for Proof Mode.
- Limit frequent door openings to prevent losing heat and lengthening proofing time.
- Proof bread until dough has doubled in bulk.
- The time it takes for the dough to double in volume varies. Consult the recipe for guidelines.
- The oven does not allow the temperature to be set above 110°F (45°C) in Proof Mode.
- If the oven is too hot, the oven door should be opened to allow the oven to cool down below 120°F (50°C). This prevents destroying the yeast.
- Other tips
- For best results, place a shallow pan with 1-3 cups (.2-.7 L) of boiling hot water on rack position 1 to keep the air moist inside the oven cavity.
- Allow at least 1" between edge of pan and walls of oven.
To use Proof Mode:
- Touch the PROOF key.
- Oven temperature is preset to 85°F (30°C). Touch ENTER to select preset temperature or use number pads to change temperature anywhere from 85°F (30°C) to 110°F (45°C).
- Touch ENTER.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820