Install a Microwave without a Trim Kit
- Can an MW24 or an MWC24 be installed without a trim kit?
- What are the clearances needed to install an MS24, MW24, MC24 or an MWC24 without the trim kit?
- Can a microwave be built in to a cabinet without a trim kit?
- Install a standard or convection microwave in a built-in application without trim
If a Wolf Convection or Standard Microwave is installed in a cabinet without a trim kit, proper airflow must be provide to prevent overheating of the unit.
- A minimum 2” gap is required on the top, rear, and both sides of the unit.
- Failure to provide proper airflow may result in the unit not functioning properly and/or overheating.
- The same applies for creating a custom trim around the unit.
- Wolf does not provide specifications for this type of application
- To ensure proper airflow when installing the MS24, MW24, MC24 or MWC24 into a built-in application, a separate trim kit needs to be purchased as a sales accessory.
- See also, Standard or Convection Microwave in Freestanding Application.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820