MWD and MD Drawer Microwave Waveguide Cover Replacement
- Should the waveguide cover in MWD or MD be replaced if it is burnt, chipped or cracked?
- Is a service technician required to replace the waveguide cover in a microwave drawer?
- Can the MWD or MD be used without the waveguide cover?
- What is the purpose of the microwave waveguide cover?
- What is a stir cover?
The waveguide cover, or stir cover, covers the aperture where microwaves enter the oven cavity from where they are produced by the magnetron. It also stops moisture and food particles getting into the 'workings' of the microwave.
- Replace the waveguide cover if it is burnt, chipped or cracked. Do not operate a microwave with a burnt, chipped or cracked waveguide cover or without the waveguide cover in place.
- Waveguide cover replacement in a MWD Microwave Drawer or MD Microwave Drawer is a difficult repair that requires service.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820