MW24 and MWC24 Waveguide Cover Replacement
- Should the waveguide cover in MW24 or MWC24 be replaced if it is burnt, chipped, or cracked?
- Is a service technician required to replace the waveguide cover in a microwave?
- Can the MW24 or MWC24 be used without the waveguide cover?
- What is the purpose of the microwave waveguide cover?
The waveguide cover protects the gap through which the microwaves enter the oven cavity from where they are produced by the magnetron. Additionally, it stops moisture and food particles from getting into the "workings" of the microwave.
- The waveguide cover should be replaced if it is burnt, chipped, or cracked.
- The unit should not be operated with a burnt, chipped, or cracked waveguide cover or without the waveguide cover in place.
- The waveguide cover can be replaced by an owner.
- MW24: Pop out the old waveguide cover and pop in the new waveguide cover.
- MWC24: Remove the screw holding the waveguide cover in place. Screw in the new waveguide cover.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820