Replace a Convection Microwave with a Standard Microwave
- What Integrated Standard Microwave replaces MWC24 Convection Microwave?
- Can a Convection Microwave be replaced with a Standard Microwave?
- Installation differences between the old Convection Microwave and new Standard Microwave
- What changes have to be made when replacing MC24 with MS24?
- What are the differences in opening depth, width, and height of old and new Convection Microwaves?
- Convection Microwave to Standard Microwave compatibility
Replacing a MWC24 with a MS24 requires an opening modification. The height requirements are different.
- Convection Microwave trim kits do not fit Standard Microwaves. A new trim kit is required.
- There is no 36" L Series trim kit available for a Standard Microwave.
- Convection Microwaves are taller than Standard Microwaves.
- Standard Microwaves use microwave heat only. Trays and racks from Convection Microwaves will not work in a Standard Microwave.
Refer to the following chart for installation differences.
|Standard Installation with Trim||Flush Inset Installation with Trim||Electrical|
E and L Series Trim
Electrical supply requirements are the same for both convection and standard: 120 V AC, 60 Hz, 15 amp circuit.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Call us at (800) 222-7820