Waveguide Cover Replacement
- Should the waveguide cover in Microwave be replaced if it is burnt, chipped, or cracked?
- Is a service technician required to replace the waveguide cover in a microwave?
- Can the Microwave be used without the waveguide cover?
- What is the purpose of the microwave waveguide cover?
- Waveguide cover
The waveguide cover protects the gap where the microwaves enter the oven cavity from where they are produced by the magnetron. Additionally, it stops moisture and food particles from getting into the "workings" of the microwave.
- Replace the waveguide cover if it is burnt, chipped, or cracked.
- Do not operate a unit with a burnt, chipped, or cracked waveguide cover or without the waveguide cover in place.
- The waveguide cover can be replaced by an owner.
- MS24 and MW24: Pull out the old waveguide cover and push in the new waveguide cover.
- MC24 and MWC24: Remove the screw holding the waveguide cover in place. Screw in the new waveguide cover.
Contact a Factory Certified Parts Distributor to order parts. If a service technician is preferred, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820