KEEP SCREEN ON
Yield: Makes 18 cookies
Ingredients2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup molasses
- Line two small baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, allspice, pepper, and salt.
- Set aside
- Using a stand mixer, cream the butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.
- Reduce the speed to medium-low, add the egg yolk and vanilla extract, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Add the molasses, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients, mix until just incorporated
- Place the granulated sugar for rolling in a small bowl.
- Using a small cookie scoop, scoop the dough and roll into a ball.
- Roll the ball in sugar to coat and place on the prepared baking sheets.
- Press the dough down slightly.
- Repeat with the remaining dough.
- With racks on position "1" and "2," select Gourmet Mode, then Cookies, and allow the oven to preheat.
- Once preheated, place the trays into the oven and press Start.
- Once baked, remove the cookies and cool on a wire rack.