- Clean residue from a black porcelain oven
- What products are recommended to use on black porcelain?
- Why is there discoloration of the porcelain inside the oven?
- What is the best way to clean a spill in the oven?
- Do Wolf Gas Ranges have a self-clean feature?
Wolf Gas Ranges do not have a self-clean option. To clean a black porcelain oven interior:
- Use a razor blade to lift baked on foods from oven cavity and window.
- Spray stubborn stains with a mild abrasive cleaner or spray degreaser, then scrub with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad (pink or blue).
- Wash the oven cavity with soap and water to remove all cleaning chemicals.
- All Wolf Gas Ranges have black porcelain interiors.
- For information about cleaning other products, refer to Clean Blue Porcelain Oven Interior.
- To simulate a self-clean cycle in a Wolf Gas Range, remove the oven racks and wipe out the oven with soap and water. Run the unit at 500°F for two hours. Allow the oven to cool with the door closed. Then wipe out the interior with soap and water once more before installing the racks.
- Refer to Remove Oven Racks and Rack Guides for more information.
- If food falls under the floor of the oven interior, no troubleshooting advice is available. The food will burn off and there is no way to remove the panel for cleaning.
- Do not allow food with a high sugar or acid content (for example, milk, tomatoes, fruit juices) to stay on any porcelain enamel surface. Failure to remove these foods may cause a permanent dull spot.
- Never wipe a warm or hot porcelain surface with a damp cloth or sponge. This may cause chipping or hairline cracks.
- Refer to Gas Range Interior Cleaning and Care Video.
- Refer to the Wolf Cleaning Guide for product recommendations and further information.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820