Wolf Blue Porcelain Oven Interior Cleaning
To clean a blue porcelain oven interior:
- Use a razor blade to lift baked-on foods from the oven cavity and window.
- It is not possible to clean in between the oven door glass.
- Refer to Clean Oven Glass for more information.
- The Electric and Induction Cooktop Razor Blade Scraper may be used, if desired.
- Spray stubborn stains with a mild abrasive cleaner or spray degreaser.
- Refer to the Wolf Cleaning Reference Guide for product recommendations and further information.
- Scrub with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad (pink or blue).
- Wash the entire oven cavity with soap and water to remove all cleaning chemicals.
- Enter the self-clean cycle on the Wolf Dual Fuel or Wall Oven. See also:
- Allow the oven to cool completely after the self-clean cycle and wipe out ash with a damp cloth.
- For tough stains of white or gray ash, use a mild abrasive cleaner and scrub with a no-scratch Scotch-Brite™ pad (pink or blue).
- Wipe with a damp cloth to remove cleaner.
- Do not allow food with a high sugar or acid content (for example, milk, tomatoes, fruit juices) to stay on any porcelain enamel surface. Failure to remove these foods may cause a permanent dull spot.
- If the cleaning chemicals are not cleaned from the cavity thoroughly with soap and water, etching of the porcelain may occur.
- Never wipe a warm or hot porcelain surface with a damp cloth or sponge, as this may cause chipping or crazing (hairline cracks).
- Some porcelain may come off when wiping the oven. This is normal and causes no harm. As the oven expands and contracts, there may some slight flexing of the oven cavity.
- Wolf does not suggest using a steamer to clean the oven interior.
- Refer to Oven Interior Cleaning and Care Video.
- Run self-clean as often as necessary. Typically, it is not needed more than a few times per year for heavy cleaning only. Use other tips for light cleaning.
If these steps do not resolve the issue, no further troubleshooting advice is available. Contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for repair.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820