Wolf Dual Fuel, Induction, and Electric Ovens Self-Clean Feature
- Do racks and rack guides need to be removed before entering self-clean mode?
- Wall Oven will not enter self-clean mode
- What products to use to clean the residue, discoloration from blue porcelain oven
- Oven is not completely clean after self-clean
- Can the self-clean cycle be stopped before it has completed?
- Does unit chime during self-clean?
- Remove all oven racks and rack guides, as they will discolor if left in the oven during self-clean.
- Wipe out the oven cavity before running self-clean to help reduce smoke and odors. See Clean Blue Porcelain Oven Interior for more information.
- For double ovens, note that only one oven can be in self-clean mode at a time, and the other oven cannot be used during this time.
For instructions on how to set and start the self-clean cycle, refer to the following resources:
- Dual Fuel Range Self-Clean Feature
- Legacy Dual Fuel Range Self-Clean Feature
- Induction Range Self-Clean Feature
- Legacy Induction Range Self-Clean Feature
- E Series Oven Self-Clean Feature
- Legacy E Series Oven Self-Clean Feature
- L Series Oven Self-Clean Feature
- M Series Oven Self-Clean Feature
- SO24 Oven Self-Clean Feature
Note that Gas Ranges do not have a self-clean feature. See also, Gas Range Self-Clean.
If self-clean will not start, refer to Range or Oven Does Not Enter Self-Clean.
- The oven door locks as soon as the self-clean cycle starts.
- The oven door unlocks during the cool down once temperatures have reached a safe level.
- The amount of time it takes for the oven to cool to a safe level varies.
- Running the unit before entering self-clean and ambient room temperature may impact cool down time.
- The control panel counts down the time remaining for the clean to complete.
- Control panel shows three times:
- Far left is the time remaining.
- Middle is the time of day when the cycle will be complete.
- Far right shows the current time of day.
- Self-clean time can be adjusted. See Adjusting Oven Self-Clean Time Length.
- Surface burners are safe to use while the oven is self-cleaning.
- During self-clean, exterior surfaces may get hotter than usual, so children should be kept away.
- Unit will chime when self-clean is completed.
- How often a product needs self-cleaning varies based on use.
- Run self-clean as often as needed; typically it is not necessary more than a few times per year.
- For light debris, follow the other cleaning tips outlined in the Wolf Cleaning Reference.
- If self-clean does not clean the oven, see How to Clean Wolf Blue Porcelain Oven Interior.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820