- How to clean stainless steel, clean sticky residue from unit
- How to keep stainless steel or platinum from looking dull
- Stainless steel or platinum finish is discolored
- Cleaning adhesive or sticker marks from stainless protective film
- Can ammonia be used to clean stainless steel?
- What is the best cleaner for stainless steel?
- Is it safe to clean stainless steel with vinegar?
To clean stainless steel and platinum:
- Use a lint-free or microfiber cloth and a stainless steel cleaner to remove any food stains.
- Apply a polish to maintain luster and protect the surface from future food stains.
- Always apply cleaner and polish in the same direction as the grain.
- Follow cleaner package instructions.
- For scratches, see Stainless Steel Is Scratched.
If anything unusual gets spilled on the stainless, the stain may be permanent. Try the following cleaning tips:
- Ammonia can be used to clean stainless steel.
- After using ammonia, clean the surface with a damp cloth and dry thoroughly to prevent hazing.
- There is no solution ratio for ammonia. If the solution is too strong (odor is present), dilute with water as needed.
- For better results, keep the cloth in continuous contact with the stainless steel or platinum.
- Using Signature polish is recommended. See How to Get Signature Polish for more information.
- Always shake Signature polish before applying to stainless steel to prevent streaking.
- When streaking occurs, clean the area with rubbing alcohol and start over with polishing.
- White vinegar or rubbing alcohol can be used to clean hard water stains.
- Mold will not grow on stainless steel.
- Food spills and other material on a stainless steel surface can cause mold to grow.
- Follow the same recommended cleaning suggestions to remove mold growth.
- Do not use bleach to clean mold. It will discolor stainless steel.
DID THIS ANSWER SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820