- Why does a gas range make a whooshing sound while in use?
- Is it normal for R & GR Series gas ranges to make a whooshing sound or hear reignition while in use?
- How much time should elapse between reignition on a gas range?
- When a gas burner turns off, does it make a poof or popping sound?
- Griddle or charbroiler burner makes noise
- French top burner makes noise
- BBQ or OG burner makes noise
- Charbroiler makes a popping noise when cooling down.
It is possible to hear a whooshing or popping sound from any type of gas burners when the burner ignites on start-up and reignites during use.
- A similar popping noise is also audible when the burner flame extinguishes.
- Burners also make a constant humming sound when in use as gas flows to the burner.
- This is normal operation.
- There is no set time between reignition.
- See also, Gas Oven or Broil Burner Not Working.
If reignition times have shortened considerably, or if there is concern about unit operation, contact Factory Certified Service to schedule an appointment for inspection.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820