Hardwire a Product That Includes a Power Cord
- Can a product that includes a power cord or plug be hardwired to the home electrical supply instead of using the provided plug?
- Does changing the electrical supply from a power cord to hardwire void the warranty?
- Which products are hardwired?
Sub-Zero and Wolf suggest using the plug that came with the appliance instead of hardwiring the unit to electricity.
- If local electrical code permits, the unit can be hardwired. However, if damage occurs to any part of the unit because of the hardwiring, those repairs are not covered by Sub-Zero and Wolf's warranty.
- To see if a product comes with a power cord, see Power Cord Included.
- See also Hardwire a Cove Dishwasher
Products that are hardwired include:
- All products with an electric oven (E, L, M Series Wall Ovens, Dual Fuel Ranges, Induction Ranges)
- Ventilation Hoods
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820