- High refrigerator/freezer temperatures
- Door seal cracked or torn
- Service error indicators on the control panel
- Standing water or other foreign matter in drain pan
- Clogged drain tubes or standing water on the refrigerator floor
- Extended power loss
- How to remove odors or odd smells on the exterior of a refrigerator or freezer?
- Odor under a refrigerator from pests (rodents, insects, mice, etc.)
- Bad smell around refrigerator, interior smells fine
Steps to Verify Issue:
- Determine if the odor is coming from the compressor area. See How to Clean the Condenser.
- A dirty condenser can create additional heat and a musty odor.
- Make sure the condenser fan works. If the condenser fan is inoperative, it can create heat and a musty smell.
- If the unit was recently installed or the room remodeled, construction in and around the unit can produce odors.
- Air movement in and around the machine may enhance normal “curing odors” from cabinet panel(s), wood stains, floor sealers, tile grout, or other adhesives.
- Consult with the contractor if this type of odor persists.
- If odor is coming from an area near the bottom of the unit:
- Remove and Clean the Drain Pan if needed.
- Check for any rodents or pet problems under the unit.
- Consult with a local pest control professional or home cleaning service.
- The unit may need to be removed from the opening to correct, and this would not be a warranty issue.
DID THIS ANSWER YOUR QUESTION?
Thank you for your request. A Customer Care representative will contact you.
An error occurred. We were unable to submit your request.
We're standing by with answers
Whether you're shopping for appliances or have questions about those you already own, we've got the resources you need. Talk directly to a customer care expert at the Sub-Zero, Wolf, and Cove service center, or connect with an appliance consultant at an official showroom near you. Get quick answers online, or reach a certified service provider or installer. And much more.
Call us at (800) 222-7820